~ I’m Marisa, also known as ~riprud-tidmel, VP of Product at Tlon Corp, and the person hiring for this role. If you join our team as the CX manager, we’d work closely together.
My quick pitch for this role is if you want to support communities in creating and capturing 100% of their own data, value, and potential then join us at Tlon. Perhaps you have nostalgia (or anemoia) for a time when the internet was still made up of real people. We’re reclaiming the internet with one computer (Urbit), one OS (Landscape), one product (Groups), and one community at a time. You’d join a team of talented, obsessed, and unique individuals working on rebuilding the personal computer for the 21st century. Help digital communities on Urbit create their real homes, club houses, HQs and leave behind the algorithmic, attention-seeking, spam-laden, centralized way of MEGACORPs.
I think this role is a good fit if you:
- are ready for a career defining role
- are a people person
- care about what Tlon is building, and are passionate about creating an amazing customer experience for communities
- are excited to build, mentor, and lead a CX team
- have experience managing people and projects
- have experience with communications, media, and tech
- align with these values: https://urbit.org/blog/beliefs-and-principles
Tlon designs elegant social software for communication, collaboration, and commerce. Built for people and posterity, our toolkit restores an ethos of digital sovereignty back to personal computing. As an eclectic team with a variety of professional backgrounds, we share a strong sense of optimism and together work earnestly to develop tools that are above all intended to be useful every day. Tlon Corp. is headquartered in San Francisco, but the majority of our team works remotely.
About the job:
This job presents a unique opportunity to develop the CX team from the ground up. Expect in the first year to roll up your sleeves and be a team player working across the organization onboarding communities, organizing events, triaging support and updating documentation. You’ll get to develop and nurture the process by which users interact and grow with our suite of products.
- Become an expert about Urbit’s core technology and Tlon’s products
- Be data and metrics oriented
- Implement and evolve initiatives to drive adoption and reduce churn
- Partner with Product to develop an efficient and user friendly onboarding experience
- Oversee Support at Tlon
- Work closely with Marketing to assist with guides, blog posts, research, and other community related resources
- Cultivate user touchpoints, including support and education
- Build and scale an outstanding CX team that delivers a top-notch relationship with our community
- Develop long-term relationships with our users and community
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, communications, or related field
- 3+ years managing teams
- 5+ years’ CX experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams
Please include in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- An introduction note: This is your opportunity to tell us about yourself, why you’re interested in Urbit and Tlon, and to share some of your philosophies around CX.
Tlon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, or any other non-merit factor.
Along with a competitive salary, Tlon offers a comprehensive package including generous paid time off, a healthcare plan, and a 401K matching program.