~ I’m Marisa, also known as ~riprud-tidmel, VP of Product at Tlon Corp, and the person hiring for this role. If you join our team, we’d get to work closely together.
My quick pitch for this role is if you want to build an OS for web 3 that doesn’t suck – Tlon is the only place to do it. We’ve been thinking about this for years, before crypto and web 3, whatever that means, even existed. You’d join a team of talented, obsessed, and unique individuals working on rebuilding the personal computer for the 21st century. We’re fighting against the algorithmic, attention-seeking, centralized products of MEGACORPs, with one computer (Urbit), one OS (Landscape), one product (Groups), at a time.
I think this role is a good fit if you:
- Are ready for a career defining role
- Are excited to lead by example
- Have a generalist design background and can manage projects autonomously
- Ambitious and undaunted by the huge task before us of redesigning the computer from the ground up
- Are detail oriented, but also know that done is better than perfect
- Align with these values
Tlon designs elegant social software for communication, collaboration, and commerce. Built for people and posterity, our toolkit restores an ethos of digital sovereignty back to personal computing. As an eclectic team with a variety of professional backgrounds, we share a strong sense of optimism and together work earnestly to develop tools that are above all intended to be useful every day.
About the job:
The opportunity to design an OS from the ground up is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll do just that focusing on Tlon’s OS currently called Landscape. Within Landscape, we are building a collection of tools to make your urbit useful everyday: Notes, Collections, and Chat. All of these apps work modularly with our featured application, Groups, which is like a decentralized Discord, but one that you own and is modular, infinitely customizable, and spamless.
Currently, you’ll join a team of four designers: two product focused, and two marketing focused. Most of the design team is based in NYC. However, Tlon Corp. is fully remote.
- Work closely with PMs and engineers to deliver thoughtful and systematic solutions to spec
- Cultivate an environment for phenomenal design contributing to hone team processes like critiques, team meetings, offsites, etc.
- Manage and evolve our existing design systems
- Partner with Marketing to oversee user experience for products and features from conception to launch
- BA in Design, Architecture, HCI, or relevant experience in the field
- 7+ years’ Product Design experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working across the product design stack and designing experiences end to end
- Bonus: dev chops
Please include in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- Portfolio link or design samples
Tlon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, or any other non-merit factor.